The nine stages of BUILD’s typical process are:
1. Pre-design – Identifying clear project and program goals, gathering information from the client, site and city, establishing a framework for design, sorting out wants from needs.
2. Schematic design – Incorporating pre-design objectives, site parameters, related code, jurisdictional requirements and relationships between spaces and site.
3. Design development – Flushing out schematics, providing look, feel and texture, confirming basic assembly, developing a clear understanding of project scope and preliminary budget.
4. Permit documents – Drawing and document preparation for regulatory groups and review boards.
5. Permitting – Submitting, coordinating and acquiring building and other related approvals for the construction of the project.
6. Construction documents – Creating final drawings used for construction.
7. Pre-construction – Finalizing the target construction budget and schedule, obtaining key contractor and supplier quotes, and mobilizing to implement the work.
8. Construction - Getting the job done. On time, on budget, as promised.
9. Project Turnover – Transferring the completed and cleaned project to you, the owner, at substantial completion. Punchlist items are addressed and we’ll remain available for questions or concerns.
Other services include:
Feasibility Studies – Limited services performed to determine a project’s viability.
Development Review – Previewing potential investment projects for opportunities.
Special Projects – Using our cabinet and furniture subsidiary to make custom or tricky components.